Terms of Service - Personal Commissions
Once the commission details are settled, we'll proceed with the payment only once I’m able to start working on it.
I'll show you the sketch of the commission and you can request revisions as needed.
After the sketch is approved, I’ll continue working until the image is finished. For full illustrations I may also show you a lineart with base colors stage to make sure the colors are right.
Once the finished commission is approved, I'll send you the full size resolution* on the formats requested.
* Full size resolution is around A4 at 300dpi (2480 x 3507 pixels) for illustrations and 2000x2000 pixels for chibis. It can be a little more or less depending on the aspect ratio I see fits the commission. If you want the commission in any specific aspect ratio/resolution, tell me at the beginning of the commission order. Note that resolutions significantly bigger than the one stated can cost an extra fee.
You can choose to perform the payment in the following ways:
1) Full payment upfront
2) Half of the payment upfront, and half once the sketch is approved
In either case, I will not continue until the payment is received.
Accepted payment methods:
- ACH bank transfer - US only
- SEPA bank transfer - Europe only
- Debit/credit card or a local bank transfer in your local currency via Wise. Please check the accepted countries/currencies here (your currency must be listed on available to send to and from).
You’re allowed to use the commission in any non-profit way you want. Commercial/profit use* will have an extra fee, which should be discussed beforehand.
I may post the finished artwork as well as any WIPs in any websites and use it to promote my commissions or myself. I will not sell your commission as prints or any other product.
If you prefer your commission to be private (you don’t want me to post it anywhere) please ask me first, an extra fee may apply.
I have the right to reuse unapproved sketches and compositions for other work. This only applies to sketches and compositions that were asked to be redraw in fully or not used in the finished commission. I wouldn't be using your character that appears in the sketch, only the pose and composition.
* Commercial use is when the image is used directly or indirectly in a lucrative way. Please note that this includes way more than selling it as merch or directly using it in a project to be sold , so if you're not sure if something falls under personal or commercial usage, please ask me first.
The amount of free revisions included with commissions are as follows:
Sketch phase: 1 big revision (eg. fully redoing the sketch) + 4 rounds of medium or minor revisions
Lineart with base colors: 3 rounds of minor revisions
Finished commission: 2 rounds of minor revisions
Further revisions will be charged an extra fee, depending on the complexity and amount of work to be redone. The extra fee is valued at $100 USD per working hour (communication included), with a minimum billable time of 15 minutes.
A round of revisions is counted as all the feedback you give me after I deliver you the sketch/lineart/finished work, even if multiple things need to be changed. For example: I show you the sketch, you want to change part A, I deliver the revised sketch, you want to change part B. This counts as 2 rounds of revisions. Instead, if I show you the sketch, and you ask me to change part A and part B on the same feedback, it counts as 1 round of revisions.
◇ Cancellations and Refunds:
Cancellations are allowed at any time before payment. Once the payment was made, refunds will be given only for the percentage of work left to do. After the commission is finished, there won't be any type of refunds available.
In the case the client ceases communications in the middle of a commission for 3 months or more, there won't be any type of refunds available no matter the percentage of work completed, and I may not be able to continue with the commission at a later time.
If I have any problems that make me unable to finish your commission within a 3 months time frame after payment was made, I'll offer a full refund. The 3-months refund does not apply in the case the slow progress is because of the client's stagnant communication.
I retain the right to cancel the commission for any reason at any time before completion. In such case, you will get a full refund.
◇ Files Storage:
Once a commission is finished, approved, and delivered, I’m not responsible for the proper storage of the finished image, and may not be able to deliver it again in case it gets lost.
Changes on any of these terms can be discussed prior to starting the commission(s).